June 26, 2014
Wyanoke Wins 12 Awards for Publication Excellence
Thorofare, NJ – The Wyanoke Group, a holding company for SLACK Incorporated and Association & Meeting Solutions, was presented with a dozen prestigious awards in a wide range of categories, including Healio.com/MedBlog earning the highest recognition of Grand Award in the category of Social Media.
APEX Awards recognize excellence in graphic design, editorial content and the ability to achieve overall communications excellence. APEX Grand Awards honor the outstanding works in each main category, while APEX Awards for Publication Excellence recognize exceptional entries in each of the individual categories. Of nearly 2,100 entries in APEX 2014, just 100 Grand Award Winners were selected.
“I find it especially notable that we won awards for editorial, marketing and design; for our journals, newspapers, projects and meetings; and for print and digital content,” said John C. Carter, COO of The Wyanoke Group. These awards recognize what we’ve known all along, our staff does a fantastic job creating great publications, websites, projects and events.”
The 12 Excellence Awards include:
- Healio.com/MedBlog: Grand Award in Social Media. Healio.com Blog Staff,
- Healio.com/Hepatitis C Resource Center: Home Pages & Individual Site Pages,
- Cardiology Today: Magazines, Journals & Tabloids – Print (January 2014),
Cardiology Today Editorial Staff
- Endocrine Today: Health & Medical Writing, “Experts skeptical of compounding pharmacy practices,” (June 2013), Samantha Costa, Staff Writer, SLACK Incorporated
- HemOnc Today: Magazines, Journals & Tabloids – Print over 32 pages (November 25, 2013), HemOnc Today Editorial Staff
- Infectious Disease News: News Writing, “NEPs remain public health priority despite federal funding ban,” (December 2013), Emily Shafer, Senior Staff Writer,
- Journal of Gerontological Nursing: Magazine, Journal & Tabloid Design & Layout, (April 2013), Lori Shields and Aileen Wiegand, SLACK Incorporated
- Journal of Psychosocial Nursing and Mental Health Services: Cover Design & Layout, (October 2013), Lori Shields and Aileen Wiegand, SLACK Incorporated
- Retina 2014 Meeting: Events & Meeting Campaigns, Programs & Plans, Trisha Castellante and Nancy Ann Chernitsky, Association and Meeting Solutions
- Healio.com/Orthopedics Today Education Lab: One-of-a-Kind Education & Training Publications, “Virtual Learning Center: Revision TKA,” Jeffrey Landis, SLACK Incorporated
- NTI Daily 2013: National Teaching Institute & Critical Care Exposition Convention Daily Newspaper - Sun/Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs. Magazine Series, SLACK Incorporated
- TCT Daily 2013: Transcatheter Cardiovascular Therapeutics Convention Daily Newspaper, Custom-Published Magazines, Journals & Tabloids, Editorial Staff Cardiovascular Research Foundation and Cardiology Today Intervention Editorial Staff
For more information visit Healio.com, or contact Lee Gaymon, Senior Director, Audience Development & Marketing, at email@example.com, 856.848.1000 ext. 356.
About The Wyanoke Group
The Wyanoke Group is the holding company for SLACK Incorporated, Vindico Medical Education, Association & Meeting Solutions, and Cyrus Express. From journals and newspapers to websites and live events, it is our mission to deliver the highest quality information, education and communications to customers around the world.
About SLACK Incorporated
SLACK Incorporated, publisher of Healio.com, is a leading provider of information to targeted health care specialties. SLACK produces 42 publications in print and online; publishes more than 250 medical and allied health books; creates custom print and Internet-related projects; and produces convention daily newspapers and meeting supplements for a growing number of health care meetings. For more information, visit slackinc.com.
About Association & Meeting Solutions
Association & Meeting Solutions provides Wyanoke's association clients with centralized management and communications for all its services, including: meeting and exhibit sales management, publishing and advertising sales representation.